MarcusWhelan.com Terms & Conditions
Hi everyone! I am very happy to invite you all to enjoy learning English here at MarcusWhelan.com (Our learning system, content and delivery is constantly updated. So you have the super freshest English learning experience available)
However, just like in school, I must set some rules for all of us to follow so that everyone knows what they can and can’t do. Following these rules helps all of us.
Failure to abide by (follow / obey) these rules could result in immediate termination of access. And we don’t want that, as we know you are building your experience and history on the site day-by-day.
1. 24 HOUR LOCK OUT. (This means you won’t have access for 24 hours. It’s like a yellow card in soccer) Please do NOT share your logon username or passwords. The system is designed to detect sharing immediately, and suspend any account where more than one person signs in using the same username and password. Some members have shared their membership details and have found themselves locked out. If two (or more) are logged in AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE SAME PASSWORD/LOGIN NAME – you will be AUTOMATICALLY LOCKED OUT. You will not be able to log back in for 24 hours. Repeated lock outs can result in account termination. The lock out feature is to prevent the sharing of account details.
2. Do not reprint, republish, repost, or otherwise distribute or transmit content, images or video training presented on this site – unless you have permission. Content marked as available for Download maybe downloaded to “your” device only. Because you may be able to copy/download our content doesn’t mean you own it. Unauthorized use of or copying of content, trademarks, video training and other proprietary material can subject you to civil or even criminal liability. Please don’t violate our copyright.
3. Let’s keep our discussion boards free and clear to exchange ideas. No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed except in classified ad forums when available. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings of the same message is permitted anywhere on the forums.
4. Please use your own name when posting to the discussion forums. Do not impersonate anyone else (don’t use someone else’s name). We are all friends here, and we monitor activity to ensure your safety and privacy.
5. Treat other members with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups or leaving comments. No unnecessary name calling or abuse toward any member is allowed. Be helpful and courteous. Everyone has a different and unique English ability, so please be patient and don’t make fun of people.
6. Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums or when leaving messages. We’re here to enjoy our time.
7. CANCELLATION OF MEMBERSHIP.
A. Cancellation. You can cancel at any time, your billing bill be stopped and you will not have to pay anymore. You can cancel your membership to this site with just ONE CLICK (see below). If you cancel during the first 7 days of membership – you will only be charged the $5 you paid immediately upon joining. After 7 days you are automatically enrolled into the USD $37/month price plan. Once you are a member – the price will never increase.
B. Your membership price will not increase. Your price is locked it. We do anticipate as we add more and more functions the price will gradually increase, but only for new members. However, if you were to cancel your membership and then decide to re-join, you will pay the new monthly membership fee, plus begin from Day 1 in the curriculum like a new member. Additionally, any rewards points are reset and you will no longer receive any cash back payouts, rewards or any other benefits.
C. All months are seen as 30 days – therefore your payment will be debited every 30 days using your initial payment method.
8. PLEASE NOTE: Cancelling is extremely easy. You can cancel with ONE CLICK and owe nothing. To cancel all you have to do is use our speedy cancellation form – and your account will be cancelled and no further payment will be taken
A. Whole or partial refunds are not given for current or prior month’s membership. For example, if you cancelled 20 days into your current 30 day cycle – you would not be due a refund for ’10 days worth pro-rated’ of membership. Also, if you did not access your account, even though your billing continued, you are not due a retroactive refund for “unused membership”. It’s your responsibility to cancel if you’re not using your membership.
B. Cancellations are processed Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. US Central time, holidays excluded. Please submit your cancellation request at least 2 business days before your next billing due date. For example, if your billing date falls on Wednesday and you wish to cancel, please submit your cancellation request no later than 3:00 p.m. the previous Monday, US central time. If your billing date falls on Sunday, please submit your cancellation request no later than 3:00 p.m. the previous Thursday. If the “submit by” date is a holiday, then please allow one additional business day. This gives us time to process your request before your next billing cycle begins.
C. Upon cancellation – you will still have access to this site – until the date that your next payment would have been due. For example – if you cancelled 10 days into your billing cycle – you would still be able to access this site for the next 20 days.
10. Members are not allowed to join through their own awards program. This is taken very seriously and anyone attempting to do this will be instantly barred and face a lifetime ban from joining. This is a privileged program aimed at helping you, your friends, colleagues or family.
11. Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums or in comments. Do not libel or defame others.
12. Exchange Rate – for non US members. The monthly membership to this site is 37 US Dollars. If you are not in the US – you will be billed at your local currency (ie the $37 will be exchanged to your currency). Any transaction involving a currency conversion is completed at a daily adjusted foreign exchange rate determined by PAYPAL.
13. The team at marcuswhelan.com does monitor messages posted on this site’s forum and comments, and we do have the right to edit or remove postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not marcuswhelan.com. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
Copyright and Trademark Law
All editorial content, know-how, learning systems, videos and graphics on this site are protected by U.S. copyright and international treaties and may not be copied or re-used without the express written permission of MarcusWhelan.com, which reserves all rights.
Limitation of Liability
THIS WEB SITE PROVIDES THE INFORMATION, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THIS WEBSITE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS WEB SITE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE FORUMS AND ANY DOWNLOADING OF MATERIALS FOUND ON OR THROUGHOUT THE THIS WEB SITE FORUMS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER OR DATA THAT RESULTS. ALL EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THIS WEB SITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE OF ERROR, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WEB SITE , ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS WEBSITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF THIS WEB SITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PREVENTS THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SUCH EXCLUSION DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT LIMITED BY LAW.
Thank you for reading and following the rules. I really appreciate it.
Marcus Whelan – 2012